Pages

Tuesday 2 May 2017

2nd May 1817: Letter from Liverpool

Liverpool 2 May 1817

Honoured Sir

Both your letters came safe to hand this morning with the contents which I shall give you a just account of the I trust you received my letter from Leeds of Saturday last I shall call and discharged the Obligation to your Brother M is closey with me that I can scarcely find a moment but bed time to write I have Obtained nearly all I can at present from him I consider it a fortunate circumstance in my meeting him in London he is now with his family of wife and six fine children the Eldest under twelve, the meeting of Monday in the neighbrood of wakefield will finish Every Essential information I think he can give me I shall then Expect your instruction how to act according to my letter from Leeds I must not loose sight of M and many others who is Equally guilty I trust I shall faithfully discharge my mission to your Satisfaction we leave this place in the morning for Leeds on our way to wakefield and remain

Honored Sir, your mosst faithfull
Servant

WJ Richards

[To] J Beckett Esqr

This letter can be found at HO 40/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment